My Soapbox

Saturday, September 5

For you new readers out there (and the older ones) I thought it about time to give you a quick welcome.

Welcome to WRITER SENSE. It's basically my little soapbox to share tips and hints I learn.

Every writer has a few puzzles pieces towards the perfect book-writing process. Not every process works for every writer, mind. I'm just trying to give others a leg-up in return for all the support I've recieved.
“If you are a dreamer,come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
for we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!”
~Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends

3 comment(s):

Reema B. Sunday, September 20, 2009  

I find your blog quite delightful! It's been quite a while since I've last written anything.

I recommend a book called "Immediate Fiction" by Jerry Cleaver (not sure if I've spelled the author's name correctly). I've never got to fully read and apply everything in the book, but I did learn to appreciate it when I once actually did.

----------------------
You're more than welcome to come visit the Tea House at http://teatimereflections.blogspot.com

Story Weaver Monday, September 21, 2009  

Thanks for your kind compliments.
The book sounds good, I'll check it out.
(p.s. love your blog)
What did you use to write?

Reema B. Tuesday, September 22, 2009  

@story_weaver: Writing was always a childhood passion of mine. I write poems at least once every two or three months. I sometimes journal at random intervals. I also love to write short stories but I never actually got to write a "complete" story that I'm really satisfied with until two years ago. This "success" made me think of writing more short stories (which I unfortunately still didn't get to do so, but I am at least having ideas).

I always had an interest in blogging but this is the first time I'm actually committing to one. So I am basically new to the blogging world.

Glad to know you love my blog! But I personally don't feel like it is reaching its full potential, I am sure it can be much better. I guess it's because of the mood I'm usually in when I blog. :-D
--------------
You're more than welcome to come visit the Tea House at http://teatimereflections.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors from around the Globe

free counters

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP