Writer Cliches

Wednesday, August 12

"So, what do you do?" they ask.
"Oh," I say offhand. "I write."
They look at me skeptically, their eyes trying to find the nonexistent book bag on my shoulder, the pencil in my ear, and the notebook that I should be clutching.
"Of course, you obviously don't take it very seriously," their wan smile says.
Think again.
No one seems to believe you're a writer until they've walked in the room and interrupt you scribbling something on a napkin. It's only then that their eyes swell with trust and the sentimentality of ‘wow, a person dedicated to their craft.’ And we're back to the cliche starbucks writing.
For the record, I do more than writing books and blog posts.


 In other news, I've been working on a couple rough drafts I never completed while I've been waiting for the revision deadline. So far it has proved to me that my notebooks are chronologically a mess. I seem to write better when I'm not writing in order.
 
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
~Michelangelo

6 comment(s):

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 22, 2018  

Writing randomly is what you think convey in words. It's more difficult to write books or blogs and i can understand that fact. Some writing requires help so never hesitate to get help. http://www.writemywaiver.com/professional-letter-of-waiver-help/

Unknown Sunday, March 04, 2018  

The author is just trying to write some important data for the readers. But first of all he is trying to make sure link detail. Which is heaving some important data about the working details.

Jared Freeman Sunday, April 01, 2018  

Writer cliches is so lovely post.You wrote it so frankly like you sharing this with your friends or family.I want you to share some useful link regarding best writing tips.Thanks.

yashlittle Tuesday, April 17, 2018  

Basically, writing is the source to convey your feelings and emotions. It creates the best communication between you and the reader. Well, I'm going to introduced best site here http://www.pharmacypersonalstatement.net/our-pharmacy-school-personal-statement-writing-services/letter-of-recommendation-for-pharmacy-school-writing-service/

Christopher Blevins Thursday, May 24, 2018  

Essentially, composing may be the supply to share your own emotions as well as feelings explore the details. This produces the very best conversation in between a person and also the readers. Nicely, I will launched greatest website right here.

PAng,  Thursday, May 31, 2018  

Many students face problem in writing as they never use the desire procedure. The information for making proper use of sentence in order require for good go ahead in writing. This mention in site http://www.personalstatementpsychology.com/about-us/ for need.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors from around the Globe

free counters

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP